Calendar

Monday, April 2, 2018

Say What?!


My sister sent me this picture on facebook today. I LOVE it! Are you looking to try yoga but don't know where to start? Feel uncomfortable going to a gym or are you intimidated by the thought of going to a yoga studio? Or have you even had a bad experience before?

I have been a Suzuki violin teacher for 15+ years now and love it! My students are all so different, having different likes and dislikes, learning styles, and attention spans.

How does this apply to you? Most of my yoga students have NEVER done yoga before. It is MY job as the teacher to create a space where everyone feels accepted and comfortable. And to explain and demonstrate poses that are both easy to do AND feel great!

Most of my classes are usually 2-4 students and the students are mostly 60+ (with some preteens some day for laughs and to create a family atmosphere).

We talk, we share our lives. I even had students share their gingerbread house in December!

Wondering if yoga is for you? I always say, "If you can breathe, you can do yoga." Because breathing is the most important part!

If you want to try yoga because you've heard good things but have no idea what to do stop by Centerville Academy Tuesday or Friday morning. I have mats, props, and everything you can possibly imagine to have a great experience. You might even make some new friends! And like my students always tell me, my class is "very relaxing", and "helps them get a good nights' sleep" and is "much more enjoyable than going to the gym". Yoga for the win!


No comments:

Post a Comment